Summer School Science Communication
The program will include:
- Introduction to science communication, inspiration on SC products.
- Lectures on communication theory, target audiences, how to include outreach in funding proposals, literature and best practices.
- Presentations by guest speakers about their experiences with different types of science communication.
- Workshops on writing, presenting and storytelling.
- Throughout the week, participants will develop their own product which will be presented at the end of the week.
The summer school will take place in The Hague (Monday July 8) and Leiden (Tuesday-Friday 9-12 July). The program will last from 9-17h each day. Coffee/tea and lunch will be provided, as well as a closing reception on Friday.
Do you want to participate? Please fill out the application form. We ask you to include a short CV (max 1 page) and a motivational letter (max 1 page) in which you cover:
- Why you want to participate,
- What specifically you hope to learn, and
- Your experience in science communication (no previous experience is required, we just want to know the level of experience of the participants).
Deadline for registration: 31 May 2019. Shortly after that, we will let you know if you were admitted.